to the Arizona Dance Education Organization (AzDEO)
We are the proud state affiliate of the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO)-www.ndeo.org.
This is your organization and we are always interested in your input and involvement.
Don't hesitate to get involved, ask questions or make suggestions.
If you are not currently a member of NDEO, please visit their website at www.ndeo.org to find out what the national organization can provide to you and your students.
By joining NDEO, you will also be joining AzDEO. This membership will provide discounts and special invitations to events hosted by AzDEO.
We encourage you to join as an institution (your school, studio or organization) and use school funds available to do so.
For any other questions, send an email to: email@example.com.
We are supported by the Arizona Commission on the Arts with funding from the state of Arizona and the National Endowment for the Arts.
A Little History
On January 8, 2006, the Arizona Dance Arts Alliance (ADAA) Board of Directors made the monumental decision, by a unanimous vote, to split into two separate organizations – the Arizona Dance Education Organization (AzDEO), and the Arizona Dance Coalition (ADC). The purpose for dividing into two separate organizations was to give an improved focus to supporting and providing services to the performing and the education dance communities.
AzDEO retained its affiliation with the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) and continues its mission of dance education centered in the arts. We provide professional development, networking, and student enrichment programs for dance educators and their students.
ADC is a web-based membership organization whose website serves as a resource center for educational articles, monthly publications, calendar of events, classes, and auditions. It is also a directory of dance artists and venues in Arizona. Educational organizations, as well as youth centers, and public groups are invited to connect with our artists to present classes, lectures and performances to their participants. ADC also produces and sponsors dance festivals, guest artists for master classes, and regional meetings! For more information, go to www.azdancecoalition.org.
AzDEO and ADC look forward to maintaining our strong ties with each other and collaborating on projects that benefit all of Arizona.
The mission of AzDEO is to support and advance dance education centered in the arts.
1. Build needed networks for communication, action and services through various communication vehicles including technology.
2. Provide organization and power to dance educators to advocate for the field of dance education.
3. Provide services to support the field of dance education.
4. Provide professional development opportunities to support dance educators and classroom teachers.
5. Maintain connections and collaborations with the professional dance community.
6. Represent and advocate for the interests of Arizona dance education through affiliations with other local, state, and national organizations including
the Arizona Citizens for the Arts and the Arizona Dance Coalition.
7. To work with the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) in carrying out the national mission of promoting and strengthening dance education,
centered in the arts, and as an effective tool for education.
1. Every person has the right and the ability to experience the joy of dance.
2. A high quality dance education is essential to the development of the whole person.
3. Dance is an equal component of a balanced arts and culture community.
4. Dance has the power to transform through physical expression, emotional connection and the creative process.
5. Dance reflects, challenges and affirms the cultural values of the larger community.
Donate to AzDEO!
We are signed up with Giving Assistant.
PO Box 60152
Phoenix AZ. 85082
Non-Discrimination Policy and Accessibilty
Membership in the AzDEO shall be extended to any individual or organization that subscribes to and supports the stated
mission of the AzDEO upon payment of annual dues to NDEO, our national affiliate organization,
and without regard to sex, race, color, creed, disability or national origin.
The Arizona Dance Education Organization (AzDEO) does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in,
its services, programs or activities. Upon request, accommodation will be provided to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in all AzDEO services, programs and activities.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, AzDEO will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations and auxillary aids requested for individuals with disabilities.
Requests can be responded to more effectively if received at least 2 weeks in advance of the program.
Requests should be made to the ADA Coordinator, Lynn Monson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-961-3160.
Upon request, any of our information will be made available in alternative formats such as Braille, large print, audio tape and/or computer disk.
Learn about your board members here.